Skiing & snowboarding in Obertauern
Snow reliability and best conditions
You can jump into your own Obertauern skiing experience directly outside the Hotel Garni Das Barbara’s front door.
A ski area in a class of its own is just waiting for you:
- 100 kilometres of ski runs
- Suitable for beginners, advanced skiers and daredevils
- Lifts operate from the end of November until the beginning of May
- A skiing season total of 160 days
- State-of-the art lift facilities
- Night skiing every Monday and Thursday
- Snow park
All the ski runs and lifts are connected in such a way that you don’t require a car at all during your ski holiday in Obertauern.
The famous “Tauernrunde” leads you from one fabulous slope to the next.
Night skiing in Obertauern
Every Monday and Thursday you can ski well into the night. On those two days you can weave your way down the floodlight-illuminated ski run by the Edelweiß chair lift. Around 1,500 m are illuminated by a floodlight system from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
A treat for skiers at Hotel Garni Das Barbara
- Skiing possible to and from the hotel entrance: Practice lift, sun lift, Zehnerkar cable car and Grünwaldkopf chair lift directly in front of the hotel – only 20 metres away.
- Ski storage facility with heated ski lockers
- Hands-free rental key cards for the ski pass
- Day ski excursion with Christian Sager
- Skiing school, sporting goods shops – only 50 metres away
- Discount on ski rentals with our partners